Technical Officer Heavy Structure Lab Jobs Vacancy in Curtin University Malaysia Miri
Curtin University Malaysia Miri urgently required following position for Technical Officer Heavy Structure Lab. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Officer Heavy Structure Lab Jobs Vacancy in Curtin University Malaysia Miri Jobs Details:
Professional, Full Time
This position will provide technical assistance and support teaching and research projects in the field of Structural Engineering in the Heavy Structural Laboratory and other research laboratories within the Faculty of Engineering and Science as necessary.
Scope of Responsibilities
- To assist and supervise the day to day operation of heavy structural laboratory.
- Timely preparation of laboratory equipment, machine and materials for teaching and research activities.
- Provides technical advice, assistance as requested and demonstrate laboratory technique as required by fabricating, casting, curing, instrumenting and testing specimens fabricated from reinforced concrete, structural steel, timber and other materials according to given specifications.
- Induct all new lab users and explain responsibilities, critical processes, compliance requirements and rules that must be followed while working in the laboratory.
- Supervise and assist undergraduate and postgraduate students in the laboratory.
- Prepare and maintain all laboratory operation, testing and experimental data and safety related documents required for certification.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping, servicing and preparing of the Heavy Structural laboratory where necessary. Some heavy lifting is involved.
- Develop and maintain maintenance and operating procedures for laboratory equipment and machine.
- Operate, maintain and repair (where possible) testing equipment and facilities according to given specifications and health and safety requirements.
- Maintain clean, safe and efficient storage of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of lab resources.
- Maintain the fixed asset, equipment register for all equipment and machine, including all records of equipment service, warranty, spares, consumable items, calibration standards, calibration records and experimental result records.
- Assist with paperwork for requisition of laboratory resources.
- Assist with the operational budget by providing information about expenditure, current orders and future purchases.
- Ensure the enforcement of occupational, safety and health procedures laid out through the university health and safety management standards.
- Ensure staff and student adhere to Faculty and University Health, Safety and Environment standards while working in the laboratory.
- Maintain records for all scheduled waste and solid waste generated in the heavy structural laboratory and record all waste disposed by the waste disposal contractor.
- Ensure all chemical used in the laboratory are properly documented from introduction in the laboratory to disposal of empty containers.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the Laboratory Manager or his/her nominee, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
- The responsibilities as specified above may be altered in accordance with changing requirements of the position.
- Possess a degree in civil engineering from a recognised institution.
- Practical experience in civil engineering and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Possess working experience in construction sites.
- Analytical and creative to tackle any problem that may arise during setting up and testing works.
- Hands on skills for power tools and hand tools.
- A satisfactory level of fitness is required with regards to lifting of heavy items.
- Willing to be trained in the use of forklift equipment that operates within the laboratory.
- Knowledgeable in testing procedures such as ASTM, AASHTO, AS, BS, MS, BS-EN etc.
- Competent and experienced in computer systems used within the field of civil engineering with specific reference to instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Able to interact and communicate (oral and written English) effectively and professionally with staff and students at all levels.
- Able to produce documents, reports, correspondence which are clear and concise.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and contribute in a team environment.
- Able to continually keep abreast of general developments, innovations and research in Civil & Construction Engineering field.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity preferably in an education setting.
Closing Date: Until further notice