Geophysicist Jobs Vacancy in Fircroft Kuala Lumpur
Fircroft Kuala Lumpur urgently required following position for Geophysicist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Geophysicist Jobs Vacancy in Fircroft Kuala Lumpur Jobs Details:
Quantity required: One (1) pax
Position Function / Purpose:
Manage all Geophysical activities (seismic interpretations for exploration and development, structural maps, structural models, volumetric estimations, site surveys & shallow hazards, special seismic studies).
- Seismic interpretation and mapping of the data in the KBM area.
- Integration of geological data into seismic volume.
- Interface with Development Geologist and Reservoir Engineer to help produce geological and reservoir models of each field.
- Work with Development Geologist and the Drilling Engineers to plan well locations and drilling programs.
- Evaluate results from site surveys for shallow hazards and incorporate results into drilling plans.
- Seismic Interpretation and mapping of the data in the PM316 Block.
- Rock physics feasibility studies, AVO analysis and seismic inversion studies.
- Pre drill and post drill volumetric estimations
- Working with the CEPSA's corporate software (PETREL, Peter Rose & Hampson Russel).
- Work with contractors on reprocessing seismic volume to improve data quality over existing volume.
- Present mapping and models to PETRONAS and assist in getting all necessary approvals to drill wells.
- Interface & working on collaboration with the Subsurface team in Madrid. Work Experience
- Minimum +10 years' geophysical upstream exploration experience
- Experience on rock physics feasibility studies, AVO analysis and seismic inversion studies
- Experience on volumetric estimations
- Experience working on site surveys/shallow hazards and drilling plans
- Knowledge of the PETREL software. Others require software's are: Peter Rose &Hampson Russel.
- Proven ability to provide strong publication and presentation records.
- Excellent understanding of seismic acquisition, imaging and their integration/support of the exploration industry.
- Highly knowledgeable with geophysical processing tools, development, strategies and styles.
Education & Qualification
M.Sc. Degree in Geophysics or related discipline
- Self-starter able to deliver results within short timeframes
- Ideas generator with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Practised competence in interact, multidiscipline team work or project in 2 or more phases in the EP integrate. e.g. : exploration, appraisal or field development planning
- Internal- KL & Madrid
- External- Petronas, Contractors, Vendors.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft Tanjung Sdn Bhd (Co. Reg. No: 1103286-X)