Banquet Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc Kuala Lumpur
Marriott International Inc Kuala Lumpur urgently required following position for Banquet Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Banquet Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc Kuala Lumpur Jobs Details:
Posting Date Apr 16, 2018
Job Number 1800134U
Job Category Event Management
Location Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Managing Banquet Operations
- Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains established sanitation levels.
- Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.